Roasted Celeriac and Soft Shell Crab Taco with TABASCO® Chipotle Yoghurt
Roasted Celeriac Taco Method
- 1 large celeriac
- salt to season
- olive oil
- Season the celeriac with salt and olive oil, wrap in foil
- Roast at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool in the foil.
- Once it has cooled completely, slice thin for the taco wrap.
TABASCO® Chipotle Yoghurt
- 50ml TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 100gm roasted red peppers
- 250gm hung yoghurt
- Hang natural yoghurt in the fridge overnight, to remove excess liquid. You should have a thick creamy consistency ready to go the next morning.
- Simply, blend the red peppers till pureed in a food processor and mix into the yoghurt base with the TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Set aside ready for use.
- 500ml rice wine vinegar
- 200ml red wine vinegar
- 200ml apple juice
- 100gm brown sugar
- 250gm caster sugar
- 500gm Spanish onions, peeled and thinly sliced.
- Place all liquids and sugar together in a pot, bring to the boil, pour over the sliced onions, cool, store and use as required.
- The longer they sit in the pickle, the better.
- 1 softshell crab
- 50gm potato starch
- To prep the softshell crab once defrosted, remove the gills or old man fingers each side of the crab under its back shell.
- This is now ready to be thoroughly dredged in potato starch
- Drop carefully into a deep fryer at 180 degrees celsius. The crab is ready when the bubbles cease, and its exterior is crisp and crunchy to the touch.
Assembling the taco
- To assemble the taco, lightly toast it in a pan.
- Spoon on the TABASCO® Chipotle Yoghurt
- Place the crispy fried softshell crab on top, add pickled red onions, and garnish with coriander and a lime cheek.