- 500g medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 chili pepper, thinly sliced and deseeded
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 12g (1 tablespoon) sugar
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small bunch chopped fresh coriander
- 30g (2 tablespoons) salted peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- Lime slices and coriander sprigs, for garnish
Toss prawn with olive oil and season with salt. Fry prawn with chili peppers over medium high heat for approximately 1 minute on each side or until prawn is pink and cooked through; set aside.
Combine lime juice, sugar, TABASCO® Sauce and garlic in large bowl. Add prawn-pepper mixture, papaya, carrot and coriander. Toss to mix well.
Transfer to small serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle each salad with chopped peanuts and garnish with lime slices and coriander sprigs.
Makes 4 servings.